Married at First Sight's Cody Knapek: Why Danielle DeGroot 'Seems Like She's Ready to Check Out of the Marriage'

PEOPLE.com | 6/8/2017 | Cody Knapek
reantesreantes (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i2.wp.com/peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/mafs-danielle-cody.jpg?crop=0px,0px,2000px,1050px&resize=1200,630&ssl=1

Married at First Sight is back! On season 5 of Kinetic Content’s hit social experiment show, three couples meet for the first time at the altar just minutes before exchanging vows. The newlyweds (whose wedding portraits were taken by Mike Staff Productions) are alternating each week blogging exclusively about the ups and down of marriage for PEOPLE. Check back after every episode for the latest in their road to (possibly) happily ever after! This week’s blog comes from Cody Knapek, a 26-year-old entrepreneur, and his wife, Danielle DeGroot, a 30-year-old dietician.

What’s happening, Married at First Sight Fans!!!

Scene - Question - Everyone - Week - Danielle

Let’s hop right into the first scene and answer the question that everyone has been wondering for the last week: did Danielle and I finally do the deed?! I think I was just as hopeful as all the fans rooting for us that it would happen after our night of dancing and sushi! Unfortunately, I got the cold shoulder again! It’s frustrating because Danielle said she wants a man that can be assertive and confident, but it makes it really difficult to be when I’m getting turned down every time I try to step up, be assertive and take the lead. Even though I didn’t get any “nookie,” it was still a really fun night and Danielle and I still took a step forward in our relationship.

The next scene, it’s Danielle and I giving the dogs a bath! It’s very easy to see how much Danielle cares for them, and I love the boys too … they are a little wild, but once they calm down, they are the sweetest dogs ever. It’s a good opportunity to show Danielle she has someone that she can lean on. We have a really good time and we end the scene with a Zoolander-like water fight, which...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!