Why Canned Wine Needs to Be Your Go-To BBQ Drink This Summer

Lifehacker | 5/26/2017 | Staff
fufu-fefefufu-fefe (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--zFBUjms8--/c_fill,fl_progressive,g_center,h_450,q_80,w_800/slktqbzmyhyunjdiscyh.jpg

Like boxed wine, canned wine is looked down upon by wine snobs, but that shouldn’t stop us regular folks from enjoying it. Canned wine is actually a much more convenient option for all your outdoor summer drinking than bottled, or even boxed, wine.

Easier to carry: Cans, especially aluminum ones, are much lighter than glass so they’re better for taking on a hike or to a picnic. They also stack more easily in a bag or cooler than bottled or boxed wine. And you’ll appreciate their lack of heft when you go to take out the recycling.

Stays - Cool - Metal - Wine - Six-pack

Stays cool longer: The metal of the can cools the wine down faster, which is great if you’re tossing a six-pack in a communal cooler when you get to the barbecue. Refrigerate the wine before heading out, and the can will keep the vino cold for even longer.

Doesn’t break: Cans obviate the risk of broken glass, which is dangerous and can also get you in hot water with authorities that patrol beaches and parks.

Bring - Bottle - Wine - Bottle - Thing

Bring as much as you want: With a bottle of wine, you’re stuck hauling the whole bottle even though you might not end up drinking it all (I know, I know, there’s no such thing as too much wine, but still.).

Price: Most of the canned wines I’ve come across are between $12 and $20 for a four-pack of 187 mL cans. A standard bottle of wine is 750 mL, so the four-pack is about a bottle of wine (748mL). Personally, I tend not to spend more than $10 on a bottle of wine because I really just want something inexpensive and decent tasting. So for me, most canned wines are more than I would spend on a bottle of wine, except for the Simpler Wines offered...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Lifehacker
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do you exist for Something or Nothing?