Married at First Sight: Cody Knapek Had a 'Blow' to His Confidence When Danielle DeGroot Rejected Him in the Bedroom

PEOPLE.com | 5/25/2017 | Cody Knapek
Click For Photo: http://i2.wp.com/peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/mafs-danielle-cody.jpg?crop=0px,0px,2000px,1050px&resize=1200,630&ssl=1

Married at First Sight is back! On season 5 of Kinetic Content’s hit social experiment show, three couples meet for the first time at the altar just minutes before exchanging vows. The newlyweds (whose wedding portraits were taken by Mike Staff Productions) are alternating each week blogging exclusively about the ups and down of marriage for PEOPLE. Check back after every episode for the latest in their road to (possibly) happily ever after! This week’s blog comes from Cody Knapek, a 26-year-old entrepreneur, and his wife, Danielle DeGroot, a 30-year-old dietician.

What’s up, world?! Wow, what a rollercoaster! From getting married, going on a honeymoon in St. Thomas and now moving in together! I think to say it’s been a wild ride would be an understatement! Going into the move-in, I’m feeling pretty good about where Danielle and I are at. We have had some ups and downs, but I felt like we were able to communicate and work through those downs when we got back from the honeymoon, before we found a place together.

Night - Danielle - Home - Dude - Homie

The first night with Danielle was interesting for sure. It was exciting to move in and get settled into our new home! We got Dude and Homie (Danielle’s dogs) and all of our stuff moved in and I’m ready to start this new chapter of my life with Danielle and “the boys.” By the time we were moved in, we were all ready for bed. I don’t remember that scene in the bedroom really going down like that with Danielle passing gas, but what I do remember is after the cameras left, I tried taking the lead and initiating some romance … and got the COLD SHOULDER. It was rough and definitely a blow to my confidence! I guess things weren’t as hashed out as well as...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!