Democrat Lawmaker’s ‘Low Expectations’ for Trump’s Overseas Trip: No ‘International Crisis’ or ‘War’

Breitbart | 10/1/2016 | Staff
fufu-fefefufu-fefe (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://media.breitbart.com/media/2017/03/Trump-Exits-Plane-APDuane-Burleson.jpg

WASHINGTON – Speaking at the Center for the Study of Islam and Democracy’s conference on Thursday, Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT) said he has “low expectations” for President Donald Trump’s first trip abroad, hoping he does not create an international crisis or start a war.

“Quite frankly, my expectations for this trip are very low,” Murphy said. “I do not want an international crisis.”

War - Murphy - Hope

“I do not want a war to start,” Murphy said. “And so my hope is that he fulfills those low expectations.”

Murphy made the remarks in response to a question from a participant at the conference about what he would like Trump to say on his first official trip to the Middle East as president.

Murphy

“I don’t know that it’s relevant,” Murphy said. “I can tell you what I would like him to say, but that’s not what he’s going to say.”

“I would like him to rescind his support for a ban on Muslims entering the United States,” Murphy said. “I would like him to acknowledge the contributions of millions of Muslim-Americans every single day to the economic, cultural, and political fabric of the United States.”

Americans - Differences - Islam - Christianity - Judaism

“I would like him to educate Americans that, while there are differences between Islam and Christianity and Judaism, there are incredible similarities as...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do you exist for Something or Nothing?