London bar mixes whiskey cocktail with a virtual twist: Virtual reality 'trip' takes customers to the 'Origin' of the spirits while they sip at the bar

Mail Online | 4/21/2017 | Reuters;Stacy Liberatore For Dailymail.com
itsdonaldk (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/04/21/19/3F77822D00000578-0-image-a-9_1492800425526.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/11/04/5936719490164437112/1024x576_MP4_5936719490164437112.mp4

A London bar has created a unique cocktail with a modern twist.

The whiskey-based 'Origin' cocktail comes with a virtual reality headset that transports customers to the distillery where the spirit was made.

Pounds - Shot - Drink - Dalmore - Whiskey

At $23 (18 pounds) a shot, the drink is mixed with 12-year-old Dalmore whiskey and a blend of Merlet Soeurs Cerises cherry liqueur, cherry puree, fresh grapefruit juice, chocolate bitters and Lallier champagne - and it is set to be available early 2018.

'We get a lot of people saying 'oh I have goose bumps' because it is happening in front of you,' the Lobby Bar manager Pedro Paulo, who came up with the idea, told Reuters.

Headset - Drink - Front - People - Sense

'When you take (the headset) off and the drink is actually right in front of you it gives people that sense of uniqueness, they feel unique,' he added.

Other than the aged whiskey, drinkers will enjoy a blend of Merlet Soeurs Cerises cherry liqueur, cherry puree, fresh grapefruit juice, chocolate bitters and Lallier champagne.

Trip - Customers - Tour - Fields - Brooks

The virtual trip will take customers on a two-minute tour of the sweeping Scottish fields and babbling brooks where the cereal and water used in the whiskey is sourced.

Users begin flying over the Scottish Highlands, then make their way to the barely field, to the distillery and finish back at in the stunning Covent Garden where the journey began.

Lobby - Bar

The Lobby Bar, located at...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!