Paris shooting leaves one policeman dead and another injured as ‘gunmen armed with AK47s’ open fire on the Champs-Élysée in Paris

The Sun | 4/21/2017 | Staff
Tanya9 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/nintchdbpict000318202341.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=1200&h=800&crop=1

A POLICEMAN has died and another is injured after at least one gunman opened fire “with an AK47” in central Paris.

Cops have said the shooting, which took place at the central boulevard of the Champs-Élysée at around 9pm local time, could be a “terror attack”.

Mixed - News - Reports - Shooting - Robbery

Mixed local news reports also suggest the shooting could have been a failed armed robbery.

Local police advised people to avoid the area as emergency services swarm the scene.

Attacker - Interior - Ministry - Condition

At least one attacker was shot, according to the Interior Ministry, but his condition is not clear.

Unconfirmed reports suggest other shooters were involved.

Paris - Prosecutor - Anti-terror - Office - Inquiry

Paris Prosecutor's anti-terror office has opened an inquiry.

Yvan Assioma of the police union Alliance said: “The exact circumstances are still unclear but I can confirm the tragic death of one of our colleagues. Our thoughts are very much with the family.

Attackers - Police - Officers - Bullets - Bulletproof

“One or several attackers have been shot dead by the police. Some officers were hit but the bullets were stopped by their bulletproof vests, but two were hit.

“Nothing is being ruled out for the time being, terrorism or a criminal act."

Shooting

The shooting...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Sun
21 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I love to post, but I never read the article!