Tiny beach huts smaller than a prison cell on a remote Scottish coastline go on sale for £25,000

Mail Online | 4/16/2017 | Kelly Mclaughlin For Mailonline
KHALED (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/04/16/15/3F4B233E00000578-0-image-a-92_1492353243234.jpg

Beach huts smaller than a prison cell are going for £25,000 on a remote Scottish beach.

Punters are queueing up for an exclusive development of just 30 huts at Findhorn, on the Moray Firth.

Windows - Water - Electricity - Timber - Huts

There are no windows, running water or electricity in the new-build timber huts, which measure 6.56 feet by 8.2 feet - but there are few better places to watch seals playing.

Despite there being no statutory minimum size for prison cells in Britain, guidelines suggest they should be no smaller than 60sq ft (excluding toilet cubicle). The huts are 53.8sq ft.

Retired - Dr - Jane - Miller - Huts

Retired teacher Dr Jane Miller, 60, was one of the first to buy one of the huts, at Findhorn beach. She visits regularly from Forres with her 82-year-old mum, Marina.

'Anyone who is stressed should get a beach hut, it's absolutely lovely,' she said. 'It makes you focus on what is really important, which is the natural world. We bring a radio down with us but often we don't even put it on, the sound of the sea is so beautiful.'

Sideboard - Bench - Table - Chairs - Dr

A sideboard, sitting bench, table and chairs fit inside Dr Miller's hut. She loves to sit and spend time on her artwork or go for a stroll along the beach.

As for the cost, she's in no doubt it's worth the outlay.

'I - £40

'I have always wanted one,' she said. 'I'd never seen one for less than £40,000 before.

'Some people might spend their money on a car when they retire but I chose...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tyranny has such cute names, like Democrat, Republican, Congress, Senate...