Chasing Contentment: Trusting God in a Discontented Age

The Aquila Report | 4/5/2017 | Staff
TimHyuga (Posted by) Level 3
There is a story behind every book. The story for this book was painfully sweet and stitched to my soul. A couple of years ago I was enduring a particularly difficult season. It seemed as though God had allowed affliction to hover like a rain cloud over my life. Pastoral ministry was especially trying even as I encountered a number of new health problems. This, along with the regular stiff headwind of living in a fallen world, had me weary.

I’m excited to announce today’s release of my book, Chasing Contentment: Trusting God in a Discontented Age (Crossway). It’s my hope and prayer that this book will help people to better understand and learn contentment.

Story - Book - Story - Book - Soul

There is a story behind every book. The story for this book was painfully sweet and stitched to my soul. A couple of years ago I was enduring a particularly difficult season. It seemed as though God had allowed affliction to hover like a rain cloud over my life. Pastoral ministry was especially trying even as I encountered a number of new health problems. This, along with the regular stiff headwind of living in a fallen world, had me weary.

But I was more than weary. I was restless. And, upon further review, I was discontent. In God’s providence I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Aquila Report
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never argue with an idiot, the spectators may not be able to differentiate between you.