'I'd never seen my abs before': Fitness model, 27, who once 'ate terribly' reveals the secret to her super sculpted body was ditching cardio for WEIGHTS

Mail Online | 2/15/2017 | Sophie Haslett For Daily Mail Australia
tictac399 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/02/15/06/3D3C719300000578-0-image-a-67_1487141794781.jpg

Several years ago, Siobhan Ward, from Melbourne, was like many other women her age.

While she was relatively active, fit and looked good in clothes, she said that out of them was a different story and she struggled to have self control around sugary snacks like ice cream and chocolate.

Fast - Years - Ms - Ward - Fitness

Fast forward a few years and Ms Ward, 27, has recently competed in her first fitness and bikini modelling competition.

Having embraced weight lifting and competed in the WBFF competition in Australia, she told FEMAIL she has never felt better about herself.

Thing - People

'The biggest thing I've learned is that it's okay to think I'm beautiful. It's not about thinking you're better than people, it's just about liking yourself,' she said.

'You're allowed to be funny or intelligent, but as soon as you say you think you're pretty, people think you're up yourself.'

Ms - Ward - Body - Chance

Ms Ward came to her current impressively toned body quite by chance.

After putting on weight in university thanks to a lack of structure, she said she 'ballooned a bit up to about 80 kilos'.

Stuff

'Even though I worked out, I was eating terribly - so much sugary stuff,' she said.

It wasn't until she got a job and hired a personal trainer that she realised the importance of weight lifting for toning up.

'It - Feeling - Moments

'It was an incredible feeling to feel strong,' she said of those first moments when she learned to squat and deadlift.

Before she knew it, Ms Ward found herself browsing Instagram looking at various strength coaches and thinking about a challenge:

Bikini - Fitness - Competition

'I'm very competitive,' she said. 'It felt natural to decide to compete in a bikini and fitness competition.'

And so, the 27-year-old started prepping - working out consistently, and eating healthy foods.

'It

'It was hard, I'm not going to say otherwise,' she said.

'But it was also brilliant. I got so much support from my training...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!