State-of-the-art £9million technical college will close after just two years after not a single pupil got a good grade in both English and maths GCSE

Mail Online | 2/8/2017 | Richard Spillett for MailOnline
abbycraig (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/02/08/10/3CF4DBFF00000578-0-image-a-49_1486550387645.jpg

A state-of-the-art £9million that only opened in 2014 is to close this summer after none of its pupils got a good grade in both their English and maths GCSEs.

Greater Manchester Sustainable Engineering University Technical College in Oldham will shut down in August and transfer pupils to other schools.

Student - School - C - English - GCSEs

Not a single student in the school achieved grade C or higher in both English and maths GCSEs in 2016.

The college, which is sponsored by the University of Bolton, said it was no longer financially viable after failing to attract enough pupils.

Oldham - West - Royton - Labour - MP

Oldham West and Royton Labour MP Jim McMahon said the UTC represented a 'failed experiment', according to the Manchester Evening News.

The college's principal, Lee Kilgour said: 'Existing students in Years 11 and 13 within the UTC will, of course, continue to follow their current courses and complete these in the summer term 2017.

'I - College - Teaching - Staff

'I also wish to assure you that we will endeavour to ensure that teaching and learning within the college will continue with the present teaching staff...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Have you forgotten?