Dick Van Dyke on Mary Tyler Moore: 'She Was Just the Best'

Newsmax | 1/27/2017 | Staff
ziggy1023 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.newsmax.com/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=057bd416-027c-4308-b0ce-af9ef28d2f7e&SiteName=Newsmax&imgtype=.jpg

Dick Van Dyke, 91, honored Mary Tyler Moore, his former co-star on the 1960s hit sitcom "The Dick Van Dyke Show" by saying, "She was just the best."

"She was 23 years old, gorgeous of course, and had a kind of mid-Atlantic accent," Van Dyke told The Hollywood Reporter about first meeting Moore. "She sounded a little bit like Katharine Hepburn. My first question was, 'Can this girl do comedy?' After that I said, 'She's a little young for me.' I got to be on hand and watch her grow into the talent she became. She was just the best."

Moore - Wednesday

Moore, 80, died Wednesday.

Her "Mary Tyler Moore" show in the 1970s is being credited with breaking stereotypes for single working women, said CNN.

Golden - Globe - Emmy - Awards - Roles

She won Golden Globe and Emmy awards for the roles in both "The Dick Van Dyke Show" and "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," along with being nominated for a best actress Academy Award for her role in the 1980 movie "Ordinary People."

Even though Moore was a newcomer in a veteran cast of comedians, Van Dyke told THR his young co-star picked up things quickly and was able to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Newsmax
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It just doesn't get bettere than this...
Tagged: