Corbyn was like a comic whose best gag fell flat: QUENTIN LETTS sees Mrs May give her opponent a caning at PMQs 

Mail Online | 1/18/2017 | Quentin Letts for the Daily Mail
jenny1246 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/01/19/00/3C3C418000000578-0-image-a-56_1484787125650.jpg

Even when Jeremy Corbyn is making a hash of things, as he did at Prime Minister’s Questions yesterday, it is hard to dislike him.

For all his many weaknesses, I find him less irritating than I used to find Ed Miliband.

Mr - Corbyn - Authenticity - Uselessness

Mr Corbyn may be useless but there is at least an earnest authenticity in his uselessness. He is bad, but genuinely bad.

Mr Miliband would take a position out of some cold electoral calculation. Mr Corbyn often takes a position despite electoral considerations. C’est magnifique.

Yesterday - Instincts - Brexit - Floundering - Theresa

Yesterday he ignored his instincts (which are to ignore Brexit as much as he can) and was left floundering by Theresa May.

Poor old Compo. The moment Mrs May entered the Chamber shortly before noon there was a great mooing and huzzah-ing and a waving of Order Papers from the Conservative benches.

Lady - Reputation - Speech - Ambassadors - Tuesday

The Lady’s reputation has been much buoyed by her speech to ambassadors on Tuesday. She looked perky. Pleased with life.

Mr Corbyn began by accusing the Prime Minister of ‘snubbing Parliament’. This was a tricky line to maintain. After all, in her Tuesday speech Mrs May had agreed to give both Houses a vote on any EU departure deal.

Democracy - Parliament - Mr - Corbyn - Iron

‘Restoring parliamentary democracy while sidelining Parliament!’ Mr Corbyn called it. ‘It is not so much the Iron Lady as the Irony Lady.’

A few groans greeted this weak pun. The Labour benches remained pretty rigid. It is worth noting that Mr Corbyn sails into battle in the Commons without even the encouragement of his own side.

Level - Guts

You do not have to agree with him to concede that this demands a certain level of guts.

After that ‘Irony Lady’ gag, he resumed his spiel with the valour of a stand-up comedian...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!