Mom who 'helped kill her adopted daughter, 14, after boyfriend raped her 'was fired from adoption supervisor job in 2010 ONE DAY after an investigation began into husband child sex assault case

Mail Online | 1/20/2010 | Hannah Parry For Dailymail.com
bethtetleybethtetley (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/01/11/19/3C0E74A000000578-0-image-a-44_1484162304409.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/01/10/2781587363424652518/1024x576_MP4_2781587363424652518.mp4

The mother accused of helping kill her adopted daughter was fired from her job as an adoption supervisor job in 2010 - one day after it emerged her then-husband was being investigation for statutory sex assault.

Sara Packer worked as a supervisor for the Northampton County Children, Youth and Families Division for adoptions from 2003 to 2010, when she was sacked because of serious 'allegations of misconduct', according to state documents.

Northampton - County - Officials - Allegations - State

Northampton County officials would not comment on the allegations, which were linked to a state investigation, but her termination letter reveals she was suspended on January 20, 2010 - the same day she informed her supervisors of the allegations.

County Controller Stephen Barron Jr said Packer's last date working for the county was in January 2010 and her salary was $44,600.

Day - Lehigh - County - Authorities - Investigation

But the day before, Lehigh County authorities had started an investigation into her then-husband David W. Packer, Philly.com reports.

In June 2011, Packer, now 40, pleaded guilty to indecent assault and statutory sexual assault involving two juveniles.

Months - Years - Prison - Predator

He was sentenced to six months to five years in prison and has since been released. He is required to register as a sexually violent predator.

David Packer's lawyer from his 2010 case said he couldn't comment last week.

Packer - Northampton - NBC - Philadelphia - Grace

Packer, of Northampton, told NBC Philadelphia, that he didn't want to talk about Grace's death or the murder investigation.

He denied that he had any idea what could have led to Grace's death.

'I wish I knew. I really do,' he said.

David Packer, who said he had long been estranged from wife Sara, remains the adoptive parent of Grace's younger brother.

Couple - Grace - Siblings - June

The couple, who adopted Grace and her siblings in 2004, divorced last June.

Investigators say Grace was raped by Jacob Sullivan - the boyfriend of Sara Packer - as she watched as part of a 'sick rape-murder fantasy they...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
20 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!