Sen. Coons: Tillerson Needs To Give Strong Answers To Win Confirmation

Newsmax | 1/11/2017 | Staff
ridge-khridge-kh (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://www.newsmax.com/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=12198331-d7ac-4fe0-9282-479f0b81ce1a&SiteName=Newsmax&imgtype=.jpg

Sen. Chris Coons, D-Del., says Rex Tillerson, Donald Trump's nominee for Secretary of State, must give strong and convincing answers to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee to clear the way for his confirmation.

Coons is a member of the committee which will begin hearings on Tillerson, the former Exxon Mobil chief executive.

Rex - Tillerson - Nominee - Secretary - State

"I was initially alarmed when Rex Tillerson was announced as the nominee for secretary of state given his long, close working relationship with Russia and in particular with Vladimir Putin, Coons told MSNBC's "Morning Joe" program.

"In my hour and a half private meeting with him last week, he gave very strong answers to my very pointed questions about whether he can really transition from running a global oil company and delivering shareholder value from countries that have oil in them to being secretary of state and fighting for America's values for a free press and human rights and democracy and whether he would stand up to Putin and sees him clearly as a thug and autocrat and opponent of western democracies.

"I'll be asking...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Newsmax
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Millions in tribute, but not a penny left for charity.