Sen. Jeff Flake: Tillerson 'Smart Man,' Good Choice for State

Newsmax | 1/11/2017 | Staff
mel4 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://www.newsmax.com/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=56dca406-52a2-4c61-9211-932215c46e96&SiteName=Newsmax&imgtype=.jpg

Secretary of State nominee Rex Tillerson is "very smart man" who has done business in many countries, and has a inquisitive mind, and he should make an effective cabinet member, Sen. Jeff Flake said Wednesday, while admitting that he will likely share in questions about Tillerson's relationships with Russia.

"If there are other things to explore about the Russian relationship, I'll certainly bring it up," the Arizona Republican told MSNBC's "Morning Joe" program, stressing that a retired British intelligence officers reports concerning President-elect Donald Trump have not been verified.

Anyone - Documents - Flake - Mr - Tillerson

"I think anyone would be concerned if the documents turn out to be verified, but they are unverified," said Flake. "But I've met with Mr. Tillerson and I've been impressed with the answers he has given me, and I assume he'll give the same answers to the committee that he'll put his past aside in terms of arguing for shareholders and for the best interest of the company, and put his experience and knowledge to good use for the country."

The report, though, does contain some falsehoods, but Flake said questions about it will likely come up in the Tillerson hearings.

Tillerson - Relationships - President - Vladimir - Putin

Tillerson's relationships with Russian and President Vladimir Putin have come under question, as have his ties in the Middle East, as the Texan would...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Newsmax
42 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Keep the change!