Transcript of President-elect Trump's news conference

CNBC | 1/12/2017 | Mack Hogan, Mike Juang and Natalia Wojcik, Special to CNBC.com
my_new_puppy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://fm.cnbc.com/applications/cnbc.com/resources/img/editorial/2016/12/01/104140417-GettyImages-512672588.1910x1000.jpg

On Wednesday, President-elect Donald Trump held his first news conference since his election in November. This is a transcript from the press conference.

Thank you very much. It's very familiar territory, news conferences, because we used to give them on an almost daily basis. I think we probably, maybe won the nomination because of news conferences, and it's good to be with you.

Bit - News - Lot - News - Organizations

We stopped giving them because we were getting quite a bit of inaccurate news. But I do have to say that, and I must say that I want to thank a lot of the news organizations here today. Because they looked at that nonsense that was released by maybe the intelligence agencies, who knows, which would be a tremendous blot on their record if they, in fact, did that, a tremendous blot, because a thing like that should never have been written, it should never have been had, and it should certainly never have been released.

But I want to thank a lot of the news organizations for, some of whom have not treated me very well over the years, a couple in particular, and they came out so strongly against that fake news and the fact that it was written about by primarily one group and one television station.

People - Room - Respect - News - Respect

So, I just want to compliment many of the people in the room. I have great respect for the news and have great respect for freedom of the press and all of that, but I will tell you, there were some news organizations, with all that was just said, that were so professional, so incredibly professional, that I've just gone up a notch as to what I think of you, okay? All right.

We've had some great news over the last couple of weeks. I've been quite active, I guess you could...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNBC
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!