Chance the Rapper Admits He Doesn't Want to Be Like Kanye West, But 'a Person That People Enjoy'

Entertainment Tonight | 1/11/2017 | Staff
LordLord (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://www.etonline.com/photo/2017/01/24299162/1280_chance-the-rapper-0217-GQ-FECH03-01_CG.jpg

Chance the Rapper may idolize Kanye West, but he admits he doesn't want to be anything like him -- personality-wise, that is!

Rocking a light blue bomber jacket, dark-wash jeans and, of course, his signature '3' cap, the 23-year-old Chicago native is all smiles on the cover of GQ's February issue. In his accompanying interview with the magazine, he gets candid on his private conversations with the notoriously outspoken "Famous" rapper, and the downside to being a celebrity.

Kanye - Personality - Chance - GRAMMYs - Year

"I don't think I ever wanted to be like Kanye in personality," Chance, who has been nominated for seven GRAMMYs this year, explains. "I think I definitely want to, have always wanted to, have his boldness or assurance in myself. But I've definitely seen Kanye do things where I was like, 'I'd never do that.'"

"I've always been able to defend Kanye. When everybody's like, 'Kanye's a nut, Kanye's a nut,' I'm one of those guys saying, 'No, he's saying some real s**t.' Like when he went onstage with Taylor [Swift], I was, like, well, Beyoncé kind of deserved that,'" he jokes. "I'm rationalizing everything that he does, but I can't say that in the same position I would do the same things."

Kanye - Kanye - S**t - Public - Things

"Being around Kanye, Kanye says crazier s**t in private than he does in public, which is hard to believe because he says the craziest things in public," Chance adds. "He does have a filter. He's not a liar or somebody that is going to sugarcoat things when he does speak. But Kanye's said some crazy s**t to me where I respond, 'No, I don't feel you at all.' I always wanted to be more of a person that people enjoy. Somebody that will make you laugh. I'm talking about just my personality, not necessarily how my music sounds. Because I believe I'm a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Entertainment Tonight
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Warum denn nicht?