Gary Thomas: The Neglected Word That Can Change Everything For Your Marriage

ChurchLeaders.com | 1/11/2017 | Staff
Click For Photo: http://churchleaders.outreachinc.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/gary-thomas.jpg

Gary Thomas is a bestselling author and international speaker whose ministry brings people closer to Christ and closer to others. He unites the study of Scripture, church history, and the Christian classics to foster spiritual growth and deeper relationships within the Christian community. Gary’s books include Sacred Marriage and his upcoming latest release, Cherish.

Key Questions:

Unique - Challenges - Ministry - Leaders - Marriages

What unique challenges do ministry leaders face in their marriages?

How can a pastor keep his or her relationship with a spouse a priority over the church?

Difference

What is the difference between cherishing and being infatuated?

Key Quotes:

Marriage - Parenting - Aspects - Formation - Activity

“I noticed that my marriage, and later parenting, were two of the biggest aspects of spiritual formation activity that I knew. But all of the books on spiritual formation were talking about being a monk or a nun…I thought ‘Why aren’t we looking at marriage as a spiritual discipline?'”

“When you know the purpose behind the difficulties of marriage, you’ll be more engaged, and when you can see the benefit of working through it, perhaps you won’t give up and…at least respect the process of marriage and how God uses it to shape us.”

Marriage - Front - Kids - Marriage - Pulpit

“You can’t fake your marriage in front of your kids and you can’t fake your marriage behind a pulpit.”

“To preach...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders.com
28 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!