5 Apps That Had A Big Impact on Me in 2016

ChurchMag | 1/10/2017 | Chris Wilson
duck.ie (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.churchm.ag/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/apps-of-2016-image.jpg

In the last couple of years I’ve tried to look for apps that made a big and positive impact in my life. Not just fun games or another minimalist markdown editor, but apps that helped me do something different and live in a better way.

Last year, the big theme in my app choices was health as I had started a good health routine using some of these apps. This year, the biggest impact has come in the form of “Deep Work” and idea from Cal Newport that I’ve sort to apply to my life and help me truly focus on a single and important task at once.

Years - Life - Difference - Lot - Mind

Unlike the last two years, I wouldn’t really say that these apps “changed my life,” but they really made a noticeable difference and helped me a lot. So with that in mind check out these great apps:

Email can be really distracting and hard to manage, plus there are lots of tools to help “solve” the problem of email the good side of this is that you can probably find a tool that helps your particular style and needs. In my case, this has been both Spark and Airmail. I’ve switched between the two apps this year and seen different advantages to each one. Sparks smart inbox and smart notifications as well as its simple controls are great for most people, whereas Airmail has a few more individual controls and settings which allow you to really tune your experience.

Email - Inbox - Control

This has helped me manage my email better and not be controlled by my inbox but instead be in control of it.

This year I noticed that Snapseed had improved dramatically. A few little features like the ability to keep a change log and undo those changes (iOS only) plus some of the new fine editing controls and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchMag
22 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: