Would you take FIVE children on a journey across the globe? Couple hike, sail and cycle over 100,000 miles - up mountains and through treacherous icy waters - with their kids in tow

Mail Online | 12/15/2016 | Regina F. Graham For Dailymail.com
TimHyuga (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/12/16/01/3B6C728300000578-0-image-a-18_1481851815759.jpg

A Swiss family of seven, including a seven-month-old baby and four young children, made history by sailing on an unheated sloop through the Northwest Passage from Nome to Nova Scotia while on a mission to push action on climate change.

Dario and Sabine Schworer dreamed 16 years ago about reaching some of the highest points in the world by sailing on their wind and solar powered boat, hiking and cycling.

Dreams - Years - Couple - Children - Passage

In pursuing those dreams over the years, the couple along with their children - now aged 11, 9, seven, five and one - became the first to complete the passage by way of the ice-free Hecla and Fury Straits near Hudson Bay in August, the Alaska Dispatch News reported.

'I really like to stress that what you see on TV and the news, that is not the world,' Dario told the newspaper.

'You - People - There

'You have to go out and explore. You will find out there are so many good people out there.'

The couple has spent years and traveled over 100,000 nautical miles around the world discussing climate change, as Dario is a climatologist and an international ski-and mountain guide who has visited more than 100 countries to speak about the topic.

Climate - Change - Part - Brings - People

'I believe climate change has also a good part,' he said. 'It brings really people together as problem solvers, working together, and helps also to build bridges and finally brings about peace on Earth.

'So I don't like to see this divide of deniers and people who are pro-climate change. I really like to see more relationship between these two extremes.'

Schworers - Visit - Communities - Schools - World

The Schworers visit communities and schools around the world during stops on thier trip to speak with people about climate change and how to not damage the world further.

The couple has called their journey the TopToTop Global Climate Expedition and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never argue with an idiot, the spectators may not be able to differentiate between you.