10 A.W. Tozer Quotes on Confronting Cafeteria-Style Christianity

The Aquila Report | 8/10/2016 | Staff
Mandyixus (Posted by) Level 3
“It is not complimentary to the masses that they are so easily led, but we are not interested in praising or blaming; we are concerned for truth, and the truth is that for better or for worse religious people follow leaders. A good man may change the moral complexion of a whole nation; or a corrupt and worldly clergy may lead a nation into bondage…”

Among my younger evangelical peer group are many Cafeteria-style Christians who pick and choose which Scripture passages better jive with current cultural trends. Those that don’t are often ignored.

Compromise - Theology - Church - Draining - Tozer

Sometimes confronting compromise and downright bad theology in the Church is disheartening, if not all-together draining. But as I was reminded by my Tozer on Christian Leadership devotional this morning, confronting mediocrity and deception among individuals in the Church is an ageless problem that calls faithful Christians to action.

It’s Monday, which means we all could use a little extra motivation. To help, here are 10 common-sense quotes from Evangelical minister and prolific author A.W. Tozer (1897-1963) on confronting mediocrity and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Aquila Report
Wake Up To Breaking News!