Banksy confirms new Valentine's Day street art on side of house in Bristol was him Instagram post

Mail Online | 2/14/2020 | Lara Keay For Mailonline
smilingbearsmilingbear (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/02/14/09/24732532-0-image-a-3_1581672567215.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2020/02/13/5961334471590955632/1024x576_MP4_5961334471590955632.mp4

Banksy has confirmed a piece of Valentine's Day graffiti that appeared on the side of a house in Bristol yesterday was painted by him.

The artwork appeared on a rental property owned by Edwin Simons, who was celebrating his 67th birthday yesterday.

Spirit - February - Girl - Catapult - Flowers

In the spirit of February 14, it shows a little girl firing a catapult of red flowers, similar to the one in his famous 'Balloon Girl' work.

Residents in the Barton Hill area of the city woke up to find it sprayed onto the property in Marsh Lane, but couldn't be sure it was the work of the graffiti artist, who keeps his identity secret.

Hours - Morning - Banksy - Work - Images

But in the early hours of this morning Banksy confirmed it was his handy work by posting images of the street art on his Instagram page and website.

Mr Simons's daughter, Kelly Woodruff, 37, found out about it after being tagged in a Facebook post.

Day - Buzz - Excitement

'We've been down here all day and it's just been a complete buzz of excitement,' she said.

'There's so many people coming and enjoying it, taking pictures, it's fantastic.

Lot - Debate - Banksy - People - Cent

'There's been a lot of debate if it is a Banksy or not. Most people I've spoken to think it 100 per cent is, and they're naming it the Valentine's Banksy. It's incredible and beautiful.'

The family are looking to cover up the artwork with glass to preserve it.

Slight - Worry - Storm - Dennis - Weekend

'My slight worry is, we've got this Storm Dennis coming on the weekend, so I really want to try and protect the roses,' she added.

News of the Banksy first emerged on Twitter, with Bristol Somali Community Association writing: 'Today in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.