Yes, You Can Change!

Biblical Counseling Coalition | 1/29/2020 | Staff
JimmyJoeJimmyJoe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.biblicalcounselingcoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/BlogPic-1.29.20.jpg

One thing you can count on this time of year is a boundless supply of good ideas guaranteed to result in your self-improvement. I can pretty much guarantee that if I turn on the television, I will see commercials for fitness centers, diet plans, exercise machines, liposuction, and even Botox. Whatever part of me that is falling behind expectations can be corrected for a price!

So far, the year has been full of opportunities to reflect on the last year in order to come up with goals that will make me a better person. I can think of 20 pounds over 20 years and a few other self-improvement programs that would apply. I could learn a new language, study my Bible better, memorize more Scripture, etc., etc., ad infinitum.

Course - Reality - Resolute - Goals - End

Of course, the reality is that many of our resolute goals were forgotten by the end of the first week of January. Somewhere near 95% of us make New Year’s resolutions. Unfortunately, within four weeks, nearly half of us will have failed to keep them. After two years, only one-fifth of us will succeed.[1] Maybe I will settle for not gaining another 20 pounds.

I know that change at times is difficult, and sometimes it seems even impossible. There are some habits and people that we think could never change. Their personalities and problems seem to be so ingrained that no amount of effort could fix them. Some offenses and the people who do them seem unforgivable. But is that reality? Well, as a physician and biblical counselor, I believe the answer is no. People can and do change.

News - Paul - Epistles - Writes - Corinthians

The good news is that we knew this already. Paul says it often in his epistles and writes in 2 Corinthians 5:17, “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Biblical Counseling Coalition
Wake Up To Breaking News!