Are we understanding God's mercy correctly?

www.christianpost.com | 1/28/2020 | Staff
Night987Night987 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/48/234804.jpg

Are we understanding God's mercy correctly?

Facebook Twitter Email Menu Comment

Sources - Explanation - God - Mercy - John

It was once while reading through one of the most unlikely sources that I discovered a long-sought explanation of God’s mercy. I was reading some of John Wesley’s personal writing on the subject of church discipline from the 1800s. Mr. Wesley stated that you must always differentiate between ignorance and rebellion in any given situation involving wrongdoing. He stated that if an indiscretion was committed merely due to a lack of knowledge, then that individual should be shown much mercy. However, if a person knowing what God’s word stated regarding a particular matter, still transgressed the word, then that person had done so out of pride and rebellion and should be dealt with severely.

I will never forget my first experience dealing with clear limitations placed on what I was to preach. Typically, when you are an itinerant preacher, you are invited to a sit-down discussion often over a meal the evening prior to the services where you will be preaching. The meal is often a good opportunity to discuss some potentially sensitive issues, which might be occurring in the church at that time and it is also just a good “get to know each other” session. So I was not surprised when this new pastor invited me to dinner.

Reminder - Background - Evangelist - Years - Prayer

As a reminder, my background prior to becoming and itinerant evangelist was simply several years dedicated to fervent prayer and Bible study where I clearly felt a calling of God to preach a revival message within the denomination that I was in. This denomination had grown out of the fires of revival and was one of several tracking its inception back to the Azusa Street revivals in Los Angeles. During the time period, I began to preach many were concerned that the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never under estimate the power of the people, especially when they are a stupid mass!
Tagged: