A Look At Two Lectio Divina Devotional Apps

ChurchMag | 1/28/2020 | Blessing Mpofu
hey13hey13 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://churchm.ag/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/2-Lectio-Divina-Devotional-Apps.jpg

Stain glass, hymns and other forms of art have not only been worship aids but media. For hundreds of years many people’s faith was enhanced through them. They were and, in some ways are still a part of people’s spirituality. Today, with developments in tech, it only makes sense that apps are a part of that. In some ways they are our stain glass. That’s why I thought we’d take a look at some Lectio Divina devotional apps as part of that tradition.

Lectio Divina is growing and gaining acceptance with Christ followers of different traditions. Scott Erickson and Justin McRoberts’ 40 Days of Practice is a good example.

Phrase - Latin - Terms - Translates - /

The phrase itself, is Latin and, in simple terms translates, ‘Divine / spiritual / holy reading’. Wouldn’t you agree it’s appropriate seeing that the reading we’re talking about here is that of Scripture?

In this practice you start by stilling yourself. That is quiet yourself. In a world filled with noise, this is something we all need. Lectio, Meditatio, Oratio and Contemplatio are the other parts of the practice. Nothing weird, it’s only Latin.

Lectio - Scripture - Discipline - God - Word

Lectio, is about reading Scripture without rushing. Talk about discipline. It is reading slow enough to allow God to speak to you. It could be through a word or phrase in the passage. Meditatio, I’m sure you’ve figured out, is about thinking a little deeper about what that means to / for you and your world.

Oratio has to do with speaking to God. His Word often challenges some sort of response from us. This is where we start engaging with what the reading means. Conversation with God. And, Contemplatio is pausing to hear God respond or speak back to us.

People - Idea

There are other people who are likely to explain this better, but I hope I’ve given you an idea.

LectioDivinaJournal is an initiative...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchMag
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Economic projections are useless with out the exact timer they will occur
Tagged: