Buttigieg not open to including pro-life Dems in party

The American Mirror | 1/27/2020 | Staff
madalina09madalina09 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://www.theamericanmirror.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Buttigieg.png

There’s no room for pro-life Democrats in Pete Buttigieg’s Democratic Party.

“Proud pro-life Democrat” Kristen Day confronted the former mayor of South Bend, Indiana at a Fox News town hall in Iowa over the weekend, and she wanted to know: “Do you want the support of pro-life Democratic voters?”

Buttigieg - Perspectives - Party - Platform

Buttigieg said he did, but not enough to include their perspectives in the party’s official platform.

Day, representing Democrats for Life, pointed out there’s 21 million pro-life Democrats in America and asked Buttigieg if he “would support more moderate platform language in the Democratic Party to ensure that the party of diversity of inclusion really does include everybody?”

Buttigieg - Platitudes - Clichés

Buttigieg offered platitudes and clichés.

“Well, I respect where you’re coming from and I hope to earn your vote, but I’m not going to try to earn your vote by tricking you,” he replied.

Woman - Decision - Difference - Opinion - Vote

“I am pro-choice and I believe that a woman ought to be able to make that decision,” he said. “But I know the difference of opinion that you and I have is one that we have come by honestly, and the best that I can offer – and it may win your vote and it may not and I understand – the best that I can offer is if we can’t agree on where to draw the line, the next best thing we could do is agree to who should draw the line.

“And in my view, it’s that woman who faces that decision in her own life,” he said.

Moderator - Chris - Wallace - President - Trump

Moderator Chris Wallace noted President Trump’s recent remarks at the March for Life rally in Washington, D.C. – a first for any president –...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The American Mirror
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Does it ever seem that life has become one long rerun?
Tagged: