A California Pastor on Engaging Community, Culture, and Political Discord

The Daily Signal | 1/27/2020 | Staff
madalina09madalina09 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www.dailysignal.com/wp-content/uploads/Painting.jpg

The “Bethel effect” is a term used to describe the community impact of Bethel Church in Redding, California. The congregation has gained national and international attention for its hands-on approach to serving the city.

Pastor Kris Vallotton joins The Daily Signal Podcast today to explain how and why Bethel Church has chosen to love its community through action. He also explains how Americans can have real political impact and engage in dialogue with those who hold different views. Listen to the podcast or read the lightly edited transcript below.

Virginia - Allen - Pastor - Kris - Vallotton

Virginia Allen: I am joined by Pastor Kris Vallotton of Bethel Church in Redding, California. He’s also a bestselling author, international speaker, and cultural leader. Pastor Kris, thank you so much for joining me.

Kris Vallotton: Thanks for having me on.

Allen - Leader - Bethel - Church - Co-founder

Allen: You’re the senior associate leader of Bethel Church and co-founder of Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry.

Bethel has been gaining the attention of not just the church community, but people all over the world for quite some time. But recently, a lot of that attention has been focused around Bethel’s community impact, which we’re going to discuss a bit today. In fact, there’s been a phrase coined in Redding for this impact, and people have been calling it the “Bethel effect.”

San - Francisco - Chronicle - Article - Bethel

The San Francisco Chronicle wrote a great article about Bethel just a few months ago, saying that “no institution in our state is better at engaging with its hometown.” It went on to say that “the lack of structure and Bethel’s assistance to its hometown suggests a broader lesson for community building. Stop overthinking things and just throw yourself, heart and soul, into addressing people’s needs.”

I mean, wow. It’s incredible to see the news media realizing the amazing impact this culture of service [at] Bethel is having in Redding and in Shasta County,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Signal
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Does it ever seem that life has become one long rerun?