Beloved Youth Pastor Died From Flu Complications

ChurchLeaders | 1/24/2020 | Staff
jenn1020jenn1020 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/reddington-christian-church.jpg

A youth pastor died after succumbing to complications with the flu. Allison Williams, 36, of Reddington Christian Church in Seymour, Indiana passed away on January 20th after contracting the flu about a week earlier. A memorial service was held last night at the church where Williams served.

“She was the best youth minister that I have ever had the privilege of working with. She was my colleague and my sister in Christ, but more than that she was my friend,” senior pastor Scott Brown said at her memorial service. Moreover, Brown said she acted more like an associate pastor than a youth minister and was “willing to do whatever was necessary for the body of Christ.”

News - Outlet - Williams - Mother - Youth

According to a local news outlet, Williams’ mother believes the youth pastor contracted the flu while attending Tennessee Christian Teen Convention with her youth group. After the group returned home from the trip, Williams’ condition continued to decline. Brown and his wife checked on Williams over the weekend a couple times, but on Monday, Brown said he noticed she was worse. Eventually, Brown convinced Williams to let him drive her to the hospital. “I got her to the car, took her directly to the Seymour hospital and we weren’t there three minutes and she went into cardiac arrest,” Brown told reporters. “With going septic, that can happen so quickly, and the damage is done. The doctor said even if we had brought her in earlier, it wouldn’t have mattered.”

“Her passing has left me as numb as it has you,” Brown said at Williams’ memorial. Brown spoke about Williams’ deep faith in God, which didn’t waver despite the many health problems she experienced over the years....
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
2KXVI