This dog bowl slows down dogs that eat too fast and can prevent bloat — here's how it works

Business Insider | 1/24/2020 | Shoshi Parks
madalina09madalina09 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.insider.com/5e163e2f24fe12501f5ecb0a?width=1200&format=jpeg&imgtype=.jpg

The Outward Hound Fun Feeder Dog Bowl slows down dogs that eat too fast, decreasing the likelihood of choking, vomiting, and bloat.

It's a simple but effective dog bowl that compartmentalizes food with sturdy BPA-free plastic ridges to prevent a dog from scarfing it down too quickly.

Time - Buster - Dinnertime - Boyfriend - Dog

The first time I was over at Buster's dinnertime, I watched wide-eyed and horrified as my boyfriend's dog scarfed down a bowl of kibble in 10 seconds flat. There were no other dogs around, and we humans were a good 20 feet away from his meal. "He's always eaten like this," my boyfriend shrugged.

A couple days later I showed up with a solution, an Outward Hound Fun Feeder Dog Bowl. In my day job as a certified professional dog trainer, one of my most universal recommendations is to feed dogs out of mentally stimulating puzzle toys, but Buster already got a couple of those a day filled with tasty snacks. I knew my boyfriend preferred to keep mealtimes simple.

Dinner - Buster - Dinner - Labyrinth - Ridges

When dinner rolled around, we poured Buster's dinner into the labyrinth of ridges contained within the teal dog dish. When it was time, Buster descended on his meal, ready to hoover it up the way he had done for years. All those ridges, though, prevented the big Great Dane-pit mix from accessing more than a couple of pieces at once. The meal was a two-minute-long success.

The Fun Feeder Dog Bowl is simple but effective. Made of heavy BPA, PVC, and phthalate-free plastic, the flat dish comes in either a spiral or criss-cross pattern of high ridges. There are several designs to choose from — Buster's teal bowl was a spiral design — but in each case, those ridges are close enough together that the dog can't get their snout all the way to the bowl's basin....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Does it ever seem that life has become one long rerun?