Beanie Feldstein on Channeling Her Mom's Style and Posing Unretouched in New Aerie Campaign

PEOPLE.com | 1/24/2020 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://imagesvc.meredithcorp.io/v3/mm/image?url=https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2020/01/aeriereal-role-model-spring-2020_beanie-feldstein_-photo-credit-andrew-buda-2.jpg?crop=0px,108px,1000px,526px&resize=1200,630

View this post on Instagram

be my valentine ❤️💕❤️💕❤️

A post shared by Beanie Feldstein (@beaniefeldstein) on

At the Golden Globes, Beanie Feldstein wore a shimmering midnight blue Oscar de la Renta off-the-shoulder gown paired with matching earrings and a ($42!) embellished headband. One week later at the Critics Choice Awards, she chose a satin pink-and-red color-block midi dress by Lela Rose.

To say the Booksmart actress is having fun with her red carpet fashion would be an understatement. And she’s taking a few hints from one of her biggest inspirations — mom Sharon Lyn Chalkin — along the way.

Mom - Style - Rules - Herself - Age

“What I love about my mom’s style is that she has never put any rules on herself. She doesn’t believe in it. Like age, hair color, whatever it might be, whatever you think, I can wear this or I can’t wear this, height, she just doesn’t believe in it,” Feldstein tells PEOPLE. “And she’s always just worn whatever she wants, and then it ends up being like the biggest trend the next year because everyone’s like, she’s such a trendsetter.”

“Now [wearing] leopard, I’m sort of becoming my mother’s daughter…our staircase in our house is leopard,” she adds. “But I’ve always been a bit more simple than she is. She’ll wear like a leopard thing paired with like a neon green hat paired with like a gorgeous purse, and she just is like all over it”

Star - Mom - Style - Years - Awhile

The star admits she rebelled against her mom’s eccentric style for years but began embracing and appreciating it as she got older: “For awhile I was like, ‘I could never wear leopard’, and now I’m like, ‘Bring it on!'”

On Thursday, Feldstein was named an Aerie #REAL Role Model, joining stars like Lana Condor, Aly Raisman and Ali Stroker, to advocate for the brand’s mission of self-love, as well as empower and inspire change through “leadership, advocacy, workshops and philanthropic partnerships,” according to a press release.

As...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sometimes I Wake Up Grumpy. Other Times I Let Her Sleep