Freeform Show: 'Now Is Not the Time' to Overturn Roe v. Wade

www.newsbusters.org | 1/23/2020 | Staff
AavyAavy (Posted by) Level 4

Freeform’s Good Trouble timed a random pro-abortion criticism of conservative courts to air in an episode during the week of the March for Life. While hundreds of thousands of pro-life supporters are expected to gather in Washington, D.C. for the annual March for Life Friday, liberal social justice warrior Callie Adams Foster bashes the desire of pro-life supporters to overturn Roe v. Wade.

In the episode titled “Gumboot Becky” that aired January 22, Callie (Maia Mitchell) is supporting her former boss, conservative Judge Curtis Wilson (Roger Bart) as he grieves the death of his son from a drug overdose. Callie takes the opportunity to compare her friend Malika’s work with Black Lives Matters to his grief. Just as the judge grieves his son, Callie tells Wilson that Malika’s friend grieves her son, Jamal. Jamal was killed by a policeman and Judge Wilson ruled the officer innocent of criminal behavior.

Black - Matter - Judge - Wilson - Appointment

Black Lives Matter is protesting Judge Wilson’s appointment to a higher court. During their conversation in this episode, he asks Callie if she agrees that his nomination should be blocked.

Wilson: I'm sorry about what I did today.

Callie - Grief - Anger - Someone - Loss

Callie: Well, what you did out of grief and anger and wanting someone to be held accountable for your loss is understandable. That's what Malika was doing when she came into your chambers. It's what Jamal's mother wants for her son. And it's why Black Lives Matter is protesting your appointment.

Wilson: And I suppose you concur.

Callie - Courts - Country

Callie: The conservative courts in this country have become completely partisan. They...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.newsbusters.org
Wake Up To Breaking News!
What's more plentiful, hydrogen or stupidity?
Tagged: