San Francisco 49ers' Katie Sowers will become the first female to coach in a Super Bowl

Mail Online | 1/23/2020 | Alex Raskin Sports News Editor For Dailymail.com
MkgirlzMkgirlz (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/01/23/15/23779214-0-image-a-46_1579792548517.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2020/01/23/5316733391487061380/1024x576_MP4_5316733391487061380.mp4

San Francisco 49ers offensive assistant Katie Sowers will simply be trying to win a football game in Miami on February 2, but she'll also be making history as the first woman and the only openly gay person to coach in a Super Bowl.

The face of a popular Microsoft tablet advertisement, Sowers will get her first taste of the Super Bowl LIV spotlight on Monday at media day, where throngs of reporters will undoubtedly ask about her rise from a volunteer girls basketball coach to the Niners' sideline.

Meantime - Fans - Sowers - Microsoft - Spots

In the meantime, most fans know the 33-year-old Sowers from the frequent Microsoft spots, in which she reads a letter she wrote as a child, describing her gridiron aspirations.

SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO

Hope - Someday - Football - Player - Sowers

'I hope someday I will be a good football player,' Sowers narrates during the ad. 'I am good at football. When we play football at home, I can make a touchdown in one catch. I am the leader of our football club.'

'I hope, someday, I will be on a real football team.'

Fans - Sowers - Impact

To fans, Sowers' impact may not be entirely clear.

During the games she can be seen pacing the sidelines and conferring with offensive players when the defense is on the field. The rest of the week she runs drills, goes over film with players, and attends meetings with other coaches.

Niners - Jimmy - Garoppolo - Sowers - Team

Niners quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo described Sowers as 'tremendous' following the team's NFC title game win over the Green Bay Packers – a game in which he needed to attempt only eight passes as San Francisco running back Raheem Mostert dominated with 220 yards and four touchdowns on the ground.

'Katie was here before I was, but just what she does with the receivers, all the skill position guys, how she interacts with them,' he said. 'It's special. She's feisty, man. Katie is awesome out...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!