January: The Longest Year of the Month

Kristen Welch | 1/22/2020 | Kristen
ashb0101ashb0101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://wearethatfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/nadine-shaabana-soX8qpVwOm4-unsplash.jpg

I don’t know why I was surprised. Sometimes you don’t even know you’ve let your guard down until you’re standing in the parking lot of where you work looking for your stolen ministry van.

They say January is the longest year of the month. They are brilliant.

Mercy - House - Global - Vehicle - Comparison

So that missing Mercy House Global vehicle, although insignificant by comparison, was the tipping point. But I didn’t cry. No, I laughed.

I couldn’t help myself as I watched my husband hunt for it and staff scratch their heads as we all tried to recall the last time we’d seen our big white van, logo splashed across the side. We made a few phone calls, “Have you seen our van?” The first hour of searching, my husband asked three times if we were playing a trick on him. It was funny in an “oh my gosh, this is unbelievable way.”

Police - Time - Christmas - Weeks

We finally called the police after enough waisted time. How was Christmas just three weeks ago?

It was another distraction.

Ways - Diversions - Disasters

In some ways, I fear the diversions more than the disasters.

Because it’s the distractions from what’s important that boil us without us even knowing the water’s getting hot....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Kristen Welch
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: