Matthews Wails: ‘Bugs Bunny’ McConnell ‘Always Gets Away With It’

NewsBusters | 1/22/2020 | Staff
erinmmarionerinmmarion (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/2020-01-22-msnbc-matthewstester.png

During MSNBC’s special impeachment trial coverage on Wednesday, Hardball host Chris Matthews couldn’t help himself from comparing Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to a cartoon character and whined that the Republican lawmaker supposedly “always gets away with” whatever he does.

Talking to Democratic Montana Senator Jon Tester, Matthews ranted: “If the Bugs Bunny, I call him, of this business, the clever Mitch McConnell, who is so much a Bugs Bunny character, he always gets with it. And we know he got away with something that he did wrong, just like Bugs Bunny.”

Outburst - Matthews - Question - Senate - Democrats

After his outburst, Matthews continued on with his question, wondering if Senate Democrats would be willing to strike a deal with McConnell on potential witnesses and even agree to having Joe and Hunter Biden testify.

Tester predictably dismissed the idea and claimed the Bidens weren’t relevant to the proceedings. Desperate to follow Joe Biden’s marching orders to the media, Matthews proclaimed: “Joe Biden could say, ‘I don’t know why they’re investigating me, I never had a conversation with my son about anything to do with Burisma, ever. So there’s my answer, move on.’”

Tester

Tester chimed in: “That’s correct. That’s exactly correct.”

In another segment minutes later, Matthews went after other Republican senators: “I do wonder about Pat Toomey, Rob Portman, people like that, who I respect for who they, they’re conservatives but they’re not crazy people. And you would think they would have a little pride here.”

McConnell - Bugs - Bunny - Matthews - Elmer

So if McConnell is Bugs Bunny, does that make Matthews Elmer Fudd?

Here is a transcript of the January 22 exchange:

CHRIS - MATTHEWS - Bugs - Bunny - Business

CHRIS MATTHEWS: If the Bugs Bunny, I call him, of this business, the clever Mitch McConnell, who is so much...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into"--Jonathan Swift