How Changing Your View Can Give You All You Need

Ann Voskamp | 1/22/2020 | Staff
madalina09madalina09 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://live.staticflickr.com/4876/32669405668_207dfa9fd9_b_d.jpg

In Exodus 3–4, Moses found himself in the presence of God at the burning bush, and God spoke directly to him.

His reaction? He hid his face.

Sound

Sound familiar?

It’s as if we are back in the garden with Adam and Eve, who hid because they could not bear to be in God’s presence after the fall.

Where might you be hiding?

We all do it, of course; it just looks different for each of us. I think it feels easier for me to walk around faking it most days, when in reality I am just hiding.

Friends - Family - God

Hiding from friends and family, hiding from myself, and trying to hide from God.

Sometimes we can feel like we are “both too much and never enough” as Jess Connolly and Hayley Morgan say in their book Wild and Free.

Walk - Identity - People

When we live out half-truths and walk in a false identity that is not our own, we are hiding from other people.

“When we live out half-truths and walk in a false identity that is not our own, we are hiding from other people.”

We fear that if they see who we really are and what we really think, they won’t like what they see.

What if they are disappointed?

Facade

What if they find the ugly hidden underneath our facade?

We need God’s compassion and unrelenting love to provide us with courage to show up and be seen.

Moses - Fear - God - Blazing - Flames

I imagine Moses felt a similar fear when he stood before God in the blazing flames. He recognized that the powerful Being burning in front of him knew his whole story.

Moses could hide his face, but he could not hide his backstory.

God - Everything - Moses - Egypt

God knew everything that Moses had done in Egypt.

God knew every detail about his life and yet was still calling him to lead the Israelites.

Moses - Person

Moses felt unqualified and guilty. He didn’t think he was the person...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Ann Voskamp
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Does it ever seem that life has become one long rerun?
Tagged: