NJ woman who claimed PetSmart groomers killed her dog is apologizing

WFMZ.com | 1/21/2020 | Staff
shardonayshardonay (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/wfmz.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/1/16/1160216e-d46f-50b1-bfd9-6becc923aa91/5e278a4e58709.image.jpg?resize=1120,630

FLEMINGTON, N.J. - A Hunterdon County, New Jersey woman who made national headlines after claiming PetSmart groomers killed her dog is now apologizing.

In 2018, Scruffles the bulldog went viral after owner Danielle DiNapoli claimed groomers from PetSmart in Flemington left her to die.

Scruffles - Story - Headlines - DiNapoli - Media

Scruffles’ story made national headlines and DiNapoli's social media campaign, "Justice For Scruffles," quickly gained thousands of followers. Online petitions signed by hundreds of thousands of people condemned PetSmart's grooming practices and grooming safety bill "Scruffles Law" made its way to the New Jersey legislature.

But now DiNapoli is apologizing, writing in part on the "Justice for Scruffles" Facebook page:

Opportunity - PetSmart - PetSmart - Scruffles - Health

"I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to PetSmart. I never should have said...that PetSmart killed Scruffles and for that I am sorry...I have since learned that other health factors caused Scruffles' death and PetSmart did not kill...
(Excerpt) Read more at: WFMZ.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!