I kept track of how much sugar I ate in a week, and my home-cooked meals were the worst culprits

Business Insider | 1/22/2020 | Caroline Fox
madalina09madalina09 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.insider.com/5e2777d7e0e1442a144eaa8d?width=1200&format=jpeg&imgtype=.jpg

I tracked my food for a week to see if there were any foods hiding surprising amounts of sugar.

While I expected some snacks like processed protein bars to be high in added sugar, I had no idea just how much was hiding in my home-cooked meals.

Week - Seasoning - Sugar - Carrot - Recipe

I ended the week shocked to find the seasoning I use religiously was full of sugar, and that my beloved honey-roasted carrot recipe had the same amount of sugar as a Hershey's chocolate bar.

Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.

Meals - Stick - Simple - Ingredients

I think I generally eat well. I cook most of my meals and stick to as many simple, affordable, and fresh ingredients as I can find.

But I decided to track my sugar for a couple of reasons. I wanted to understand my total sugar intake and find exactly where sugar was hiding, especially in my home-cooked meals. I also wanted to better understand my sugar cravings to see if there were any bad snacking habits...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Does it ever seem that life has become one long rerun?
Tagged: