Why, It’s Tuesday Again

Blog & Mablog | 1/21/2020 | Staff
cyanbytecyanbyte (Posted by) Level 3

RE: The Crisis Regarding “Evangelical Fascism”

Posted on Monday, January 20, 2020 Well done. This “I feel” instead of “I think” is dangerous and part of the feminizing of our culture. I’m old enough to remember when feeling was no substitute for thinking but now it is much preferred.

BTW - Calendar - Worm - Hole - November

BTW, I had to check my calendar and make sure I hadn’t gone through a worm hole into November.

David, the bad guys are trying to make it always November and never Christmas.

Today - Blog - Post - Crisis - Regarding

Today’s blog post, “The Crisis Regarding ‘Evangelical Fascism'” is timely and helpful, but I think needs to be tempered a bit by John Frame’s recent post on Gentleness. I think if we can attain to gratitude, confidence, joy, AND gentleness (where appropriate—Jesus was not ALWAYS gentle) in our fight, we’d be really well set.

Scott, thanks for the reference.

Man - Church - Victim - Sentiments - Elders

What should a faithful man do if he believes his church is falling victim to the sentiments you describe here? Well intended as the elders may be, it concerns me. Should I gather the evidence leading me to my hypothesis and present to the elders? How can I ring the alarm bell and demonstrate respect at the same time without undermining authority.

Tim, it depends on whether you are picking up a vibe, or whether there is concrete evidence. If there is evidence, then you absolutely must submit what you see to the elders. If one of the Sunday School classes is going through some awful book, then yes. Submit your concerns. But go straight to the elders — which is how you demonstrate your respect.

Friend - Catholic - Fact - Depression - Father

I have a friend who is a marginal Catholic, he is always dealing with the fact he feels like he never measures up, and has severe depression. He is the father of two and is constantly feeling like his prayers don’t...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Blog & Mablog
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: