Martin Luther King Jr Opposed Using Religion to Justify Evil. We Must Do the Same.

Public Catholic | 1/21/2020 | Staff
shankayshankay (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/254/2017/01/mlk-martin-luther-king.jpg

I forgot yesterday was MLK Day. I was preoccupied with other things. Now that I remember I do want to say a few words, even if they are late.

Martin Luther King, Jr was one of the greatest Americans who ever lived. He re-defined our understanding of the meaning of our Constitution and Declaration of Independence along lines of traditional Christianity. He showed all of us how those core beliefs can become actions of justice and truth for a morally-challenged nation.

Jim - Crow - Evil - Evils - People

Jim Crow was and is a great evil. Like all evils that are perpetrated against people we have decided are less than fully human, it is also subject to being dismissed as not as important as other, supposedly more pressing, evils.

In today’s political debate, we see the basic right to life of the unborn being used as a weapon to bully and attack those who oppose injustice, violence and murder of anyone other than the unborn. The innocent unborn are being used as a club to beat Christians into accepting cruelty and violence against women, children and anyone else President Trump decides to attack.

Christians - Everything - Donald - Trump - Evil

Christians are being told that they must support everything Donald Trump does, and if they don’t support him in whatever evil he commits, they are abandoning the unborn and probably pro abortion. The direct implication is that Christians who do not blindly follow Donald Trump are going to ****.

Our religious leaders are all lining up to bend their knee before the false god of a destructive and corrupt demagogue. They are using the unborn and implicit threats of expulsion from the community of believers to bully Christians into supporting every repulsive evil this man commits including...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Public Catholic
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sorry Mr. Franklin, we couldn't keep it.
Tagged: