Desperate Deval Patrick Announces Support for Slavery Reparations

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion | 1/21/2020 | Mike LaChance
EGFZEEGFZE (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Deval-Patrick-2020-Announce.jpg

Former Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick is currently polling at 0.3 percent in the Real Clear Politics average of polls, and desperate times call for desperate measures.

Patrick announced a new initiative on Monday which includes a plan to provide slavery reparations.

Rebecca - Klar - Reports - Hill

Rebecca Klar reports at The Hill:

Democratic presidential candidate Deval Patrick on Monday announced support for developing a reparations program as part of his “Equity Agenda for Black Americans.”

Agenda - Martin - Luther - King - Jr

The agenda released on Martin Luther King Jr. Day also draws on Patrick’s previously released proposals with aims to limit the barriers to wealth and opportunities for black Americans.

“The American Dream remains further out of reach of Black Americans than other Americans, and because of that, America has not fulfilled her promise,” the former Massachusetts governor said in a statement. “In addition to having personally lived the American Dream as an African-American man, what distinguishes me is my demonstrated ability to convert policy proposals into results. That is what I did in Massachusetts as Governor, and that is what I will do as President.”

Patrick - Plan - Government - Reparations - Descendants

Patrick said he supports a plan in which the federal government would provide reparations to living descendants of enslaved African Americans, but added that “reparations without reconciliation are incomplete.”

Given Patrick’s late entry in the race and his miserable polling, this gesture comes across as a cynical ploy for attention from the left. It’s also worth noting that this is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It takes a government, to create a genocide.