The 7 Best Weather Widgets for Windows

MakeUseOf | 1/20/2020 | Emma Roth
tiana_101tiana_101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://static.makeuseof.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/raindrops.png

Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the lights on at MakeUseOf. Read more.

Keeping the tabs on the weather isn’t the most exciting activity in the world, but it’s usually a necessity. While a small number of people have the luxury of living in areas with a stable climate, many of us live in areas where a sunny day can be lost to a thunderstorm in just a few minutes.

FREE - Ultimate - Windows - Keyboard - Shortcuts

Unlock the FREE "Ultimate Windows Keyboard Shortcuts" cheat sheet now!

There are many ways to find out about the weather, and one of them is by using Windows gadgets. Unfortunately, Microsoft removed this feature after Windows 7, so we’ll have to work around this. Let’s take a look at some of the best Windows weather widgets for keeping tabs on mother nature.

List - Desktop - Weather - Windows - Gadgets

Before diving into the list of desktop weather Windows gadgets, you should know how to get these widgets to work in the first place. Windows 10 no longer has the convenient gadgets feature that Windows 7 came with, so you’ll have to install a third-party app to take your desktop back in time.

Make sure to read this article on how to get Windows 10 gadgets on your desktop before continuing.

Windows - Gadgets - Your - Desktop

How to Get Windows 10 Gadgets for Your Desktop

Desktop gadgets were taken away in Windows 8. Here's how you can bring widgets back to your Windows 10 desktop.

Article - Default - Apps - List - Chameleon

For this article, I installed 8GadgetPack. By default, 8GadgetPack comes with some of the apps I’ve put on this list, including Chameleon Weather, MSN Weather, and My Weather.

Any other apps on the list come from Win7Gadgets, which is a site worth checking out if you’re looking for more gadgets to add to your desktop.

Weather - Gadgets - Years

The following weather gadgets still work, despite being many years old.

The default view of the MSN app...
(Excerpt) Read more at: MakeUseOf
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Vote for gridlock, it's our only hope!