about Next Generation Chinese Canadian Christians

@djchuang | 1/20/2020 | djchuang
tanikakitanikaki (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i2.wp.com/djchuang.com/c/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/kimberly-farmer-287677-unsplash.jpg?fit=1200,798&ssl=1

Living in fast-changing times of the 21st century has enough challenges in our society and culture. Trying to navigate two very different cultures is that much harder.

The dynamics of bi-cultural of people from an ethnic Asian heritage and living in an American cultural context brings many challenges and opportunities. Add on top of that the demands of Christian life to live counter-culturally and following Jesus.

Church - Canada - United - States - Churches

For the typical ethnic Asian church in Canada or United States, whether it’s one of the 4000+ Korean churches or thousands of Chinese churches, it’s been very challenging trying to figure out how to address the needs of native-born Asian Christians and to prevent further exodus of the younger generation.

This report, Listen to their Voices: An Exploration of Faith Journeys of Canadian-Born Chinese Christians, provides useful research based on analysis and interviews with next-generation Canadian-Born Chinese Christians that’s informative for Asian North American church leaders of all generations. Download the full version or the abridged version of the eBook in PDF format in English and Chinese at cccowe.ca/lttv-ebook.

Their - Voices - LTTV - Research - Report

Listening to Their Voices (LTTV) is the research report of the study “To Whom Shall We Go?” conducted across six cities in Canada (i.e., Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, and Vancouver) that represent approximately 87% of the Chinese population and the Chinese immigrant churches in Canada (Statistics Canada, 2014).

… the purpose of probing the lived experience of the Canadian Born Chinese Christians (CBCC) in the context of the Chinese Canadian Immigrant Churches (CCIC).

Objective - Study - Journeys - Cohorts - CBCC

The objective of this study is to explore the faith journeys of two cohorts of CBCC: (1) the Stay-On (i.e., those who are attending CCIC at the time of interview) and the Drop-Out (i.e., those who had already disengaged their affiliation with CCIC) by examining what have...
(Excerpt) Read more at: @djchuang
Wake Up To Breaking News!