Trump Heads to Davos, Where Climate is a Key Focus

CNSNews.com | 1/20/2020 | Staff
Fubu_chikFubu_chik (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/styles/article_big/s3/2020-01/trump-davos2018G.jpg?itok=UlkGSn58

(CNSNews.com) – Buoyed by two significant trade accomplishments, President Trump is heading this week to the World Economic Forum’s annual high-level gathering in Davos, where the organizers have made climate a major focus.

Trump is scheduled to deliver an address to the meeting in the Swiss Alps on Tuesday morning, the same day as the teenage Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg appears on two panels – one on “Forging a sustainable path towards a common future,” the other entitled, “Averting a climate apocalypse.”

Planet - Chosen - Themes - Davos - WEF

“How to save the planet” is one of the chosen themes for Davos 2020, and WEF founder and executive chairman Klaus Schwab has asked every company attending to use the opportunity to announce “a target to achieve net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 or sooner.”

Trump, who withdrew the United States from the 2015 Paris climate accord, will likely have other priorities.

Davos - White - House - Thursday - Business

“I’m going to be going to Davos,” he said at the White House on Thursday. “I’ll be meeting the biggest business leaders in the world; getting them to come here. I’ll also be meeting with foreign leaders.”

“We have tremendous world leaders, and we also have the great business leaders,” he said. “And we want those business leaders all to come to the United States.”

Trump - US

Trump said the U.S. was “booming.”

“Our country is the hottest country anywhere in the world. There’s nothing even close,” he said. “Every world leader sees me and they say, ‘What have you done? This is the most incredible thing that we’ve ever seen.’”

Day - US - Senate - Legislation - US-Mexico-Canada

That same day, the U.S. Senate approved implementing legislation for the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA), the successor to the 25-year-old NAFTA. While running for the White House Trump called NAFTA “the worst trade deal ever made,” and pledged to overhaul or replace it.

A day earlier, the U.S. and China, the world’s...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNSNews.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!