MYRTLE BEACH PRINCIPAL HONORS SON’S MEMORY BY BLESSING OTHER BABIES

Urban Faith | 1/19/2020 | Elaine Veltri, MyCarolinaLife.com
graceygracey (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://urbanfaith.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Screen-Shot-2020-01-12-at-9.50.39-AM-e1578844278374.png

St. James Elementary School principal Felisa McDavid and her husband, Ray, were crushed when their son, Treylind, arrived stillborn.

Every year on her stillborn son’s birthday, Felisa McDavid blesses an unsuspecting mother and her newborn son with a gift bag full of baby items.

McDavid - Son - Treylind - Sept - Hospital

McDavid’s son, Treylind, was delivered on Sept. 26, 2001, in a hospital near Charleston, her hometown. McDavid and her husband, Ray, were crushed when he arrived stillborn.

“I had a couple of miscarriages before we conceived him,” says McDavid, now a Forestbrook resident. “Losing him left me very distraught, of course. And I was not able to conceive after that; I’ve not been able to have children.”

Loss - Son - Friends - Family - Tiptoed

As she mourned the loss of her son, friends and family tiptoed around her wounded heart. She couldn’t bear to hear about other pregnancies or deliveries, attend baby showers or share in the joys of other mothers with newborns. She steeped in grief for years.

“It’s been quite a process to get to the point where I could even talk about it,” she says. “Even members of my family were reluctant to tell me about their pregnancies.”

McDavids - Children - June

The McDavids desperately wanted children after they married on June 20, 1998.

An educator with a love for youngsters, McDavid has worked with children for 28 years. She now serves as the principal at St. James Elementary School in Myrtle Beach.

Miscarriages - Loss - Treylind - Pregnancy - Couple

After several miscarriages, the loss of Treylind following a full-term pregnancy left the couple bereaved and broken.

Felisa McDavid questioned how losing her son fit into God’s plan for her life. She asked God for direction on how to deal with the void and her feelings of hopelessness.

Others - Situation - Child - Charities - McDavid

Although others in her situation might have chosen to adopt a child or give to charities, McDavid says she didn’t feel led in either of those directions.

Instead, she was pulled somewhere else –...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Urban Faith
Wake Up To Breaking News!