If you are not against me. . . (With a Digression on Timeshares)

Eidos | 1/17/2020 | Staff
max1max1 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/169/2020/01/B09B0ECD-979F-4673-9393-31FAA8068BAB.jpeg

Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/169/2020/01/B09B0ECD-979F-4673-9393-31FAA8068BAB-768x404.jpeg

“If you don’t buy this timeshare now,” he said to us, “then you will regret it the rest of your life.”

He was persuasive and we had experienced a wonderful free weekend at his property. “Wouldn’t we like to visit again?”

Places - Points - Visit

Surely. “What of these other places? We could use “points” there and visit. Wouldn’t that be great?”

Yes, maybe.

€?We - Home

I responded: ‘We better go home and think about this. . .”

He shook his head. His look was all pain and understanding: “Sadly, this price is for today. It’s either/or.”

Lesson - Years - Maintenance - Fees - Thing

We were young and so we bought. I learned a lesson and after years of rising maintenance fees managed to get rid of the thing. One of many lessons learned? When someone gave us a “this” or “that” choice in daily life, something was wrong. Often we found we were being deceived as in the timeshare scam. Other times sincere people had not thought creatively enough, so they could see only two options, when there were many others. Often those other options were better than the two listed.

Recently, I saw someone arguing that there could only be two choices in a particular situation using the words of Jesus.

30He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Jesus is right! In the end, when all is settled the cosmos is good and those who smash, twist, break, and kill fall short of the good. There is only God or brokenness. While this is very helpful as a starting point, this truth does not make every choice a simple one between “good or evil.”

Situations - Sage - Evil - Thing - Party

Other situations are morally complex. One needs to be a sage to see how to avoid the evil and support the good. That might mean doing one thing (say voting for Party A) one time...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Eidos
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Goverment, no matter how big, is always a big problem.