You’re Already ‘The Best’ with God

(in)courage | 1/18/2020 | Staff
donuzumakidonuzumaki (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/011220_Raybon_PreciousAndHonored.jpg

The news dropped out of nowhere. Then it embarrassed me. Then it shocked me. I’m a simple working writer – neither famous nor important. I just wrestle with this curious work – writing – and seek to serve with it. Still, to be honest, I wanted more. As petty as it sounds, I longed to write a “best seller.” Make it happen, Lord, I actually prayed that. (Can you imagine?) Yet, it didn’t happen.

So, over time, I must’ve stopped worrying about it. Come morning every day, I just put my hand to the plow and kept working, slowly noticing the work becoming its own joy.

Blue - Days - Something - Unsure - Surprise

Then, out of the blue, a few days ago, something did happen. And I felt confused. Unsure? You, too, may have experienced the odd surprise when a longtime prayer gets answered. The shock can give us pause. Do we tell God thank you? Are we ready for it? I wasn’t sure at first how to react.

In fact, it was an ordinary day. So, I was gobsmacked to discover that one of my humbling books – a devotional written nearly ten years ago — was now a “best seller.”

Nobody - Heavens - Publisher - Angels - Friend

Nobody called me. The heavens didn’t open. My publisher didn’t text. Angels didn’t sing. Instead, a friend asked what devo to give her daughter for Christmas. So, daring to suggest mine, I copied and shared a link to my publisher and there it was – a happy banner next to my book with two words: best seller.

I gasped. And, yes. I jumped from my desk and did a happy dance. Then I hurried to tell my husband. He gave me a thumbs up — two thumbs up, actually. “Great job, sugar pie!”

Work

Then I went back to work.

That’s because as soon I saw the best-seller tag, I stopped still to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
No matter where you go, there you are.
Tagged: