Evil Became a Whole New Show With That Bats--t Final Scene (and We Dig It)

TVLine | 1/16/2020 | Kimberly Roots
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2020/01/evil-season-1-episode-11-demon-therapist-leland.jpg?w=620

Warning: This post contains a big spoiler from Thursday’s Evil. Proceed accordingly.

This ending of this week’s Evil made me scream.

Horrifying - Rehash - Rwandan - Genocide - Murder

Not because I’d just witnessed a horrifying rehash of the Rwandan genocide, or a ghastly murder, or the near-miraculous healing of Kristen and Andy’s youngest daughter — though all those events transpired, too. The moment that had me hollering in disbelief, in entertainment, in sheer They didn’t just actually do that, did they? came at the very end of the CBS drama’s hour, which showed nefarious forensic psychologist Leland Townsend meeting with his own therapist.

The scene began with Leland ranting about how Kristen made him feel “impotent” (though not sexually) and how she’d caused him to feel small and unimportant by digging into his past. “I should have ripped out her heart,” he whined, the camera hovering just above the therapist’s shoulder as the other man questioned why Leland hadn’t done exactly that.

Part - Plan - Leland - Shot - LELAND

“It’s not part of the plan. Or has that changed?” Leland replied sulkily. And that’s when the shot finally changed to show us that LELAND’S SHRINK WAS A DEMON. A full-on, goatlike, big-horned, shaggy-furred, cloven-foot, unmistakably Satanic fiend from ****.

“This show is from the creators of The Good Wife?!” you say? “From the creators of The Good Wife AND BrainDead,” I reply. You remember BrainDead, Robert and Michelle King’s one-season political drama in which alien bugs — like, actual insects — infiltrated the minds of several members of Congress? If that show was the Kings letting their freak flag fly, Evil is them waving it like Enjolras at the barricade.

Part

The best part about all of this is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A man rises to the greatness that is expected of him.
Tagged: