Woman who is on permanent life support finds love and marriage on dating site

Mail Online | 1/14/2020 | Dailymail.com Reporter
gemini2323gemini2323 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/01/14/16/23389372-0-image-a-70_1579018748500.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2020/01/14/6307280344259934693/1024x576_MP4_6307280344259934693.mp4

A 29-year-old woman who was told by doctors that she would never be able to breathe, speak, or eat on her own has been proving doubters wrong since the day she was born — and now she's not only thriving, but married and in love.

Alyssa Higgins from New York suffered a broken spine during her birth, when a doctor roughly used forceps to pull her out.

Life - Support - Wheelchair - €? - Struggle

Since then, she has been on life support and used a wheelchair — which have certainly been a struggle, but didn't stop her from meeting the love of her life, Jimmy.

Alyssa started off life with a major setback, when a doctor broke her spine while delivering her with forceps.

Tracheotomy - Life - Support - Wheelchair - Life

'I came out basically dead and they had to do a tracheotomy on me,' she said. 'That means I've been on life support and in a wheelchair my whole life.'

Still, she considers herself lucky that she has received so much support from family and friends, particularly during her childhood and school years.

Support - Matter - Alyssa

'They’ve always been a huge support for me, no matter what,' Alyssa said.

'I was always the shy one in school. I just wasn’t that outgoing, popular girl that everyone knew. But with growing up, I wouldn’t say it was easy, but I never got bullied.

Classmates - People - School

'My classmates were really nice to me and it felt good having such awesome people in my school.'

As an adult, she entered the dating world, but had a rough time of it at first.

'I - Kind - Someone - Point - Disability

'I was kind of seeing someone and it was really horrible. They even said, at one point, [that] they didn’t want to be with me because of my disability,' she said.

She didn't let it scare her off dating, though.

Dating - Site

'I went on a dating site, and not gonna lie, those are scary. But that’s how I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!