Robotic Religion

Tanya9Tanya9 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/719/2019/12/Religion-Matters-Robotic-Religion.png

I thought I’d share a recording of the lunchtime discussion I led on the topic of “Robotic Religion” as part of the Religion program at Butler University’s lunchtime discussion series Religion Matters. It focuses on the current situation we find ourselves in, and thus on robots between their use in factories (so familiar we rarely think about it) and as depicted in science fiction (which connects with all sorts of interesting questions, but so much so that we can focus all our attention there to the neglect of present and near-future concerns). Robots are everywhere today. Robots like C3PO and R2-D2 aren’t. Where are we now? What is automated? How much attention is being paid to the present and near future, as opposed to more distant future? And how does it relate to religion?

I tried to get things started with a question followed by another question. First, what did people turn to clergy...
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I love to post, but I never read the article!
Tagged: