LGBT Comedy Screams at Nun: ‘Your Religion Is at the Heart of My Misery!’

NewsBusters | 12/29/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/work_in_progress_-_161_153_137_122_106_104_102_were_still_counting_almonds._-_11_16_51_pm.jpg

It was bound to happen: a show about the LGBT community and an episode about bathrooms. In the December 29 episode of Work in Progress, “161, 153, 137, 122, 106, 104, 102 (We're Still Counting Almonds),” main character Abby (Abby McEnany), who is a ****, laments how she’s confused for a man when she uses the bathroom.

Such is the main plot of the episode, with Abby's partner, Chris (Theo Germaine), who is a transgender man, describing the use of “Refuge Restrooms,” which, as Chris explains, is an app for finding single-stall restrooms.

Abby - Man - Police - Friend - Campbell

Abby being confused for a man even gets the police involved. Her friend, Campbell (Celeste Pechous), assures inquiring police officers that Abby is a woman, explaining, “I'm somewhat of an expert in this arena, and in there is wall-to-wall vag. Yeah, wall-to-wall vag,” as she gestures to Abby. As if such a line were not lacking class enough, Abby has to chime in with “a gentle reminder [that] not all women have vaginas.”

The episode concludes with a several minutes long rant Abby goes on as she’s mistaken once again for a man while using the women’s restroom at a Dolly Parton concert. Two men even follow her in. Abby manages to curse out all those present, by using the c-word, and also offends a disabled young woman and a nun:

Woman - Excuse - Women - Room

Woman #1: Excuse me, this is the women's room.

Abby: I know.

Man

Man #1: Oh, it is.

Woman #2: There are three men in the ladies room.

Abby - Whoa - Whoa - Whoa - Minute

Abby: Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on a minute. I'm a woman.

Man #1: I'm not.

Man

Man #2: I'm not either.

Man #1: Yeah, we just followed him.

Abby - Woman

Abby: I'm a woman.

Man #2: We didn't know. We just followed him-- her.

Woman

Woman #2: Well, I think you should all leave.

Abby: Excuse me.

Man - Yeah

Man #1: Yeah, let's leave.

Abby: No, no, no, we're not going any......
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Woof!